- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 0.5 cup tomato juice
- 3 cucumbers, finally chopped
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 0.5 chopped red onion
- 0.25 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 0,5 cup of celery
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ts salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fill a 2 liters pot, add a cup of water, set over high heat and bring to a boil.
Peel and blend the tomatoes. Cut into cubes the cucumbers, celery, red onion and red pepper. Press the juice and add bottled tomato juice into a mixing bowl. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, garlic clove, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and chill for 1 hours and up to overnight.
I love this warm soup during the winter time and cold during the summer. It gives you a power and good mood.